Do you have a DSLR (or advanced compact) and you are not getting the full benefit of it as you aren’t sure about the essential functions of your camera or photography techniques? I can help you get passed all that and get you using your camera with confidence and shooting at a much higher standard.
I teach photography lessons in Edinburgh (and anywhere else in Scotland) in addition to working as a professional media and wedding photographer. I offer packages aimed at beginner level to keen amateurs who are looking to learn about the most important functions of their camera, improve their techniques or raise their level to a more professional standard. With prices for group lessons from £55 and private lessons from £100 there are options for all budgets.
- One-on-one lessons are £100 per 4 hour lesson
- Groups of 2-3 people, £75 per person for a 4 hour session
- Groups of 4-5 people, £55 per person for a 4 hour session.
- All students receive a booklet outlining essential camera functions and a list of techniques professionals use to give their photos a “wow factor.”
- We spend around 30 minutes going over the theory in the booklet to make sure everyone understands the essentials.
- Then we spend the remaining time putting the theory into practice.
- After the lesson is finished you can use the booklet to remind you of functions and techniques and continue to practice at your own pace.
So why hire me?
- I have worked for some of the biggest names in travel, news and fashion photography (Lonely Planet, getty images, GQ magazine, The Times, The Guardian, Time Out, Sportswear International to name but a few).
- As well as using canon and Nikon systems for work, I also perform store visits for Nikon training staff and customers on their cameras and techniques.
- I have photographed everything from movie stars and models to refugees and slum dwellers.
- I know the techniques that make brilliant images, regardless of the equipment used.
- I know what functions of your camera really matter and which ones you don’t have to worry so much about.
- I’ve been teaching very successful lessons for 2 years now and I’d love to pass on my knowledge to you.
Here is a testimonial from Brian, a student from Ireland who booked a 10 hour one-to-one session with me and whose lesson I blogged about here:
“A short note to thank you and compliment you for some very good photography lessons with the unexpected benefit of having a great tour guide as well. It is only now that I am looking through all the photos that I realise the amount of techniques you covered and in the most enjoyable and informative way. Once again many thanks and I look forward to having more lessons with you in the future.”
For more information, drop me a line at:
Or call me on;